Saturday, October 9, 2010

Now available in Switzerland!

Rejoice fellow shoppers, drumroll please...


Gap, Old Navy, Banana Republic, Athleta and PiperLime are all now shipping to Switzerland and 49 other countries.  This is H U G E.  Now, I haven't had the opportunity / need to use their relatively new service yet, as luckily my parents are kind enough to bring over my orders when they visit from the states, but I will definitely try it soon.  


There is no equivalent of any of these shops here (at any price).  When you have kids you develop a new respect for the Gap and Old Navy especially...they have sturdy, usually stylish kids (Stella McCartney for GapKids!) clothes at ridiculous prices.  When you have a rough and tumble (and extremely fast-growing) boy like I do, clothes never last very long anyway, so why spend huge amounts of money?  I am also convinced that all the boy's clothes here are way too girly, whether they have spiderman on them or not.  


Banana Republic is genius for staple work clothes for mommy, and Athleta has the best workout gear.  PiperLime is young and stylish and puts together great looks.  
They all seem to be having huge sales lately, so go for it and let me know how it goes!


Also - a favorite of interior designers for interesting (cheap) finds, Overstock.com also just started shipping here.  This is just revolutionary.  Not sure how the import duties will be, but for things that are definitely "not available in switzerland" I'm sure it's still a steal.  There's a lot to wade through, but it's loads of fun.



No comments:

Post a Comment