Thursday, January 6, 2011

Canned Soup


This subject is a bit banal, but it's something that's come up a lot lately.  It's winter, it's cold, it's gray outside (and the underfloor heating never seems to keep me toasty enough).  What do you want? A nice bowl of soup.  I don't want to cook a bowl of soup from scratch and spend 4 hours at the cooker.  No, I want to open a can of (specifically) Progresso soup, heat it up and sit down to gobble up it's warm heartiness.  In 5 minutes you're warm, happy and have a filled belly.
Powdered soup is disgusting, too salty and always just tastes like water with powder in it.  Why hasn't canned soup made it here?
I would say that Minestrone, Chicken Noodle or Chicken Rice with Vegetables would do me very well right now, thank you.

1 comment:

  1. No canned soup? At all? What a random thing to not have.

    ReplyDelete