Friday, September 24, 2010

Diapers / Nappies / Couches

Whatever you call them, they're in your life for a long time if you have kids.  While we were in the States, we used a combination of three different ones, chlorine-free Seventh Generation ones most days at the youngest stage, and the two main "biggies" one for day and one for nighttime.  It's a drag no matter what.  At least in the States there are delivery services, big box stores with jumbo size boxes, and great prices.  The diapers here in Switzerland are at least 1/3 more expensive than in the states for a small pack, and twice as much as a jumbo (and I'm talking 250 diapers!) box in the states (at non-sale prices).  That adds up to a lot over the course of three years.
That aside, just over a year ago when I was back in NYC, I discovered Huggies "Pure & Natural" Diapers and I fell in love.  They are made from organic cotton, are hypoallergenic and are the softest most absorbent diapers I've ever found.  Why don't they sell them here yet? Who knows!  I love them so much that I've been trying to bring back a bunch each time we travel - I know, a waste of luggage space.
I attended last year's BabyPlanet in Lausanne and I asked the Kimberly Clark representatives what was up.  They predictably had never heard of them (or so they said).  I've sent a couple of emails to Kimberly Clark Switzerland, and finally just received this reply:


"Thanks for your e-mail to Kimberly-Clark regarding HUGGIES® Pure & Natural diapers.

Although HUGGIES Pure & Natural diapers are not currently available in Switzerland, rest assure we have shared your comments with those involved.

Thanks again for your interest and for visiting our web site."


Not a brilliant answer, and I feel like they're really missing out, which is what I told them.  If you've ever tried these and love them too, send Kimberly-Clark Corporation an email (even if you just like the idea of a "natural" diaper available in Switzerland).  Maybe they'll get on the bandwagon. 


PS - I know Migros and now Coop make a "natural" diaper, but didn't think either was brilliant. Thoughts? 

No comments:

Post a Comment